Vaccination in Austria
In Austria, vaccination against COVID-19 is available for everyone free of cost. You can get the vaccine at doctors' offices, vaccination centres and other locations. Talk to your doctor or your health care provider about COVID-19 and the vaccination against it.
Informative, non-authoritative translation! Don't fill in!
- Information and documentation form for vaccinations (PDF, 227 KB) (Version 1.0, as at: 13/04/2022)
- Information and documentation form / COVID-19 vaccination /COVID-19 mRNA vaccines (PDF, 187 KB) (Version 10.4, as at: 28/03/2022)
- Information and documentation form/COVID-19 vaccination / COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen (PDF, 115 KB) (Version 7, as at: 04/03/2022)
Recommendations for travellers
Up-to-date information regarding safety risks and travel warnings is available on the website of the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Current Case and Vaccination Figures
- Current international case figures can be viewed on the websites of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC).
- The current risk assessment for the European Union and additional information are available on the website of the ECDC.
- Supporting documents created by the WHO are available on the WHO website.
Re-naming of the illness and the virus
On 11.02.2020, the WHO announced the official name of the illness: COVID-19 (coronavirus disease 2019). The name of the virus was changed from 2019-nCoV to SARS-CoV-2 (severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2).